click image to enlarge
Targeting therapeutics across the blood brain barrier
- The brain compartment, and by consequence the CNS, is a highly protected and privileged space that is protected by a tight anatomical junction called the Blood Brain Barrier (BBB)
- The BBB strictly regulates the access of chemicals and biologic materials to the brain compartment which in the situations of diseases of the brain or the CNS presents a significant hindrance to treatment
- HER3 is the receptor for neuregulins, a class of proteins required for normal development and function of the brain and central nervous system
- HER3 is highly expressed on the endothelium of the BBB and mediates translocation of neuregulins across the BBB by transcytosis
- HER3-targeted Eosomes take advantage of this natural physiologic process to mediate the delivery of a therapeutic payload into the brain parenchyma
Applications may include a variety of brain disorders including cancer (glioblastoma, brain metastasis of various organ cancers)
Packaging and delivery of nucleic acid therapeutics
Eosomes can efficiently package and deliver many types of nucleic acids. A particular advantage of Eosomes is the ability for extrahepatic delivery of these classes of therapeutics which is currently a clinical limitation for successful development.
- siRNA and Single strand RNA oligonucleotides: Oncology and immuno-oncology
- Significant data completed validating the technology using a number of siRNAs, , including siRNA that target tumor-expressed ligands for immune cell check-point proteins.
- mRNA (protein replacement), single and double chain DNA oligonucleotides, plasmid DNA (gene targeting)
- Data available for all three classes